Client attraction. Business growth. Pretty profits.
Update: Following a few requests in the comments (thank you!) we’ve created a super cute printable of 29 Tips To Revamp Your Blog! To get your copy click here.
You know how some birthdays make you feel old and slow? Sometimes your blog can feel stale and grey too. When this happens it’s time to spice things up!
Seeing as much to my horror I turned 29 last week (since when did I care this much about getting older?) I‘ve decided it’s also perfect time for us all to freshen up our blogs. Break the routine and spring clean!
Here are 29 quick strategies to freshen up your blog!
1. Refine your blog categories.
2. Can you change up your opt in offer?
3. Add Click To Tweet to key messages in your posts.
4. Set up Google Authorship.
5. Create a piece of epic content.
6. Trade guest posts with someone in your niche.
7. Add your image to your header.
8. De-clutter. What’s on your blog that you don’t need? Get rid of it now!
9. Brainstorm a blog challenge you could host. Need convincing? Check this out.
10. Less than transparent previously? Add an affiliate and disclosure statement to your blog.
11. Have you used audio on your blog? If so, add the transcript. If not, create a recording and add a summary.
12. Ask five people you know to tell you what your home page says to them.
13. Are your images Pin-worthy? Revisit your three most recent posts and improve if necessary.
14. Use Wordle to make sure your posts match your priorities.
15. Is your blog monetised? Brainstorm and map out a new income stream.
16. Cross the floor. If your blog is usually serious, try a light hearted voice. If you are usually sarcastic, write a super sincere post.
17. Create a resources page.
18. Add a related posts plugin to encourage visitors to stay on your site longer.
19. In Google Analytics identify the type of post that get the best results, then write another following that format but add a twist at the end.
20. Ask your readers for questions.
21. Create an infographic using a free tool such as Piktochart and share it on your blog.
22. Do you guest post? Add an ‘As Seen On’ section to your sidebar to increase social proof.
23. Disagree with an A-Lister and tell us why.
24. Check for broken links and fix them.
25. Change your image on your About page.
26. Start a new regular feature.
27. When did you last include a video in your posts? Do it now.
28. Do you have an opt in box under your posts? Add one.
29. Refresh your mind and you’ll bring a new energy to your blog.
How you implement your spring clean is up to you – you could do one item a day; split the tasks across four weeks and designate a day to implement each week or however else will work best.
Share your plan in the comments and add your spring cleaning suggestions too!