Client attraction. Business growth. Pretty profits.
Less than 48 hours from now some of you and I will be getting to know each other at the Digital Parents Conference Drinks before getting together for the “official” event on Friday. In real life. Face-to-face.
Twitter has been an awesome tool that has helped me get to know many of you but there’s nothing quite like meeting the person behind the Twitter handle.
The biggest challenge though can be asking questions to build a conversation and possibly a wonderful friendship. That’s where Jackie Purnell and Melanie Kissell come to our rescue.
I love reading what Jackie had to share and then it occurred to me…
Why not use this concept to reveal some random things about me that might lead to an interesting conversation at #DPCON12?
So here they are. Seven things you might not know about me (and could possibly soon regret knowing???):
1. I had a phobia of chooks when I was little (yes, younger than approximately 22 really is little sort of).
2. When in France last year I ate mustard icecream – a very weird tasting experience.
3. Despite the rumours I don’t stink at cooking, I just don’t agree with my current oven.
4. My first business adventures included rearing bobby calves, selling horse manure and washing windows. Nothing like growing up on a farm.
5. When nervous what few words I manage will tumble from my mouth joinedtogetherbacktofrontandinsideoutwithstrangesoundsoftenadded. Once I’m comfortable though I have a rather trumpet like laugh (unfortunately).
6. Last year I bought a Carlton Football Club 3-game membership for my man in my name by accident and I don’t even barrack for a team. Imagine his excitement when he opened his present that had MY name on it. Oops!
7. I brain dump business and blogging ideas while waiting at the laundromat. It’s actually an incredibly productive exercise.
8. Yes that’s me in the picture above.
9. I can tend to be anal retentive and don’t like to put numbers as symbols rather than spelling them out if they are ten or below – please refer to the examples above ;o) It goes back to my journalism studies at university.
So now you know a little more about me. I really hope I haven’t completely scared you away.