Client attraction. Business growth. Pretty profits.
Why read 30 books in seven months?
If you’ve read my “10 guilty pleasures” post the reason will seem self explanatory. I do LOVE reading. That is only part of the reason though. I think all entrepreneurs can learn new ideas, new concepts and avoid mistakes through reading books. In fact anyone can learn from books, not just entrepreneurs.
So I have set myself this challenge – to read 30 books by 31st December 2011. Further, I will post a review of my learning and overall thoughts for at least half of the books here on the Better Business Better Life blog. Read the posts and you can decide whether to read the books for yourself or take the lessons I’ve mentioned and apply them to your business.
Which books am I going to read (in no particular order)?
1. Millionaire Mumpreneurs: How Successful Mums Made a Million Online and How You Can Do it Too! by Mel McGee
2. The Unauthorised Guide to Doing Business the Jamie Oliver Way by Trevor Clawson
3. The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama by David Remnick
4. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
5. Free Prize Inside by Seth Godin
6. The Idea Generator: Tools for Business Growth by Ken Hudson
7. Read My Lips: How to Achieve your Life, Health and Wealth Goals by six successful Aussie women
8. The E-Myth Enterprise by Michael E. Gerber
9. Web Copy That Sells by Maria Veloso
10. Standing Tall: Confidence, Teamwork and Learning to Lead by Tom Harley
11. Making $#it Happen by Peter Sheahan
12. Trump Style Negotiation by George H. Ross
13. Awakening the Entrepreneur Within by Michael E. Gerber
14. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
15. The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness by Stephen R. Covey
16.Secrets of Marketing Experts Exposed! By Dale Beaumont
17. The Breakthrough Company by Keith R. McFarland
18. Focal Point by Brian Tracy
19. Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
20. Million Dollar Consulting by Alan Weiss
21. The Leader Who Had No Title by Robin Sharma
22. Why We Want You To Be Rich by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki
23. 101 Ways To Sell More Of Anything To Anyone by Andrew Griffiths
24. Dominate Your Market With Twitter by John Smith and Josė Llinares
25. Secrets of Top Sales Professionals Exposed by Dale Beaumont with Stuart Zadel
26. Small Business, Big Opportunity by Sensis
27. Rethink: The Story Of Edward De Bono In Australia by Leo D’Angelo Fisher
28. Passion @ Work by Shivani
29. Jump In! by Mark Burnett
30. Girl’s Guide to Turning Your Idea Into A Business by Melissa Seymour
I’d love to hear from you. Join my challenge or share a great book you’ve read below.